Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Off the Dope

Had a fairly decent sleep last night. I do wake up every couple hours and slightly reposition myself in fear of waking up with bedsores or some other gross thing, but aside from that my sleep was good. I couldn't be bothered to get up and medicate when I was due at 2:30am, mostly because I didn't have to pee so the whole excruciating process of wiggling up the pillows, pulling one leg at a time over the bed and gently rocking myself into a sitting position over the course of 15 minutes just seemed like a lot of work. So I am pain med free. Not pain free just yet, but I have to admit it has changed drastically in the last 12hrs or so...my guts feel very tight, almost like they are seizing up. Not painful, just different. Hopefully this is a good thing, part of the healing process.

Ok, suddenly I feel guilty saying I am med free. I did just take a pain pill but it's basically a glorified Advil so I'm not sure that counts considering I have been downing morpheine like the candy coated drops of heaven it is. I'll see how I do today without the morpheine and depending how that goes for me, may take 1 before bed time tonight. My main reason for stopping is because yesterday my husband came in the room to check on me and he turned around to leave right away...and I called out "where you going?" and he told me he thought I was asleep because my eyes were closed, mouth was open and I was drooling. Awesome, considering I was AWAKE. Eek, gotta love narcotics! My 2nd reason (which I will blog more about later today) is because one of the lovely side effects of morpheine is constipation and well, let's just say I'm so full of shit my eyes are brown.

5 comments:

  1. My PS said I have to get a pain pump but that might be because I am also doing a BA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe. Some offer them, others don't. Hopefully it will help considerably with your pain level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People who have had tummy tuck surgery before are often pleased to find that they have more options for professional wear than they did before.

    Tummy Tuck in Manila

    ReplyDelete