Sunday, June 21, 2009

9 days later...

So yesterday was a great day for me. I felt fantastic all day. Still "sore" but not in any real pain. Still hunchbacked though, and definitely in slow motion. We actually went to a friends house for dinner last night which had been planned for a couple of weeks, although I had sent her a message on Thursday saying I wasn't too sure it was going to happen since I was not doing very well at that point. But as mentioned in my last posting, I am human again!!! Also, the friends we were visiting not only knew about my surgery, but she has been there, done that so knows my limitations and expected nothing of me. Those of you who actually know me know that I am very hands on and even if someone else is entertaining, I am always helping out, tidying up, etc. It's my slight OCD that kicks in! Anyways, I felt good about going there knowing it would just be a nice, relaxing visit and some good eats. I'll admit, I was extra tired when we got home, and my back was really sore, but nothing major. Half decent sleep (despite being woken by jackass neighbors at 4:30am but that's a post for another day) and a good day so far today. We've been up to the in laws to bring a Father's Day card, and are going to head out again shortly to run a few errands (I use the term run very loosely) and then have a nice bbq dinner at home.

Here are some pics taken yesterday. As you can see, the incision is pretty ugly at this point still (and will be for months, sometimes they get worse before they get better) and the "puckering" you see along the incision is temporary according to my surgeon, as the skin relaxes it smooths out and disappears entirely. BUT all that remains of my 1,053 (or was it 63?) stretch marks are the tiny few you can see just above the incision line in the very middle. Those babies were above my belly button before, I recognize them! Speaking of belly buttons, how weird is is that I have no idea what mine is going to look like?? I am excited for the steri-strips to fall off (couple of weeks) just to take a glimpse at it.



and another, just to show how the incision is covered by underwear and probably pretty much whatever else I want to wear in the future :)

4 comments:

  1. Your scar looks good. I am hoping my PS will go that low. I might bring in your pic for an explanation of what I want. Thanks for the blog. I am so nervous about my upcoming surgery so your blog helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea!!! And you're welcome =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! A tummy tuck surgery is commonly done as an outpatient, and you can return house numerous hours following the tummy tuck surgical treatment. It is extremely important that you get up and walk around following the surgery. This helps to reduce swelling and lower your risk of embolism.

    Tummy Tuck procedures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. https://www.surgeongate.org/

    ReplyDelete