Friday, June 19, 2009

Guts n' Gore

So just to stay consistent, I'll preface this post with the same as the Poopy Post. This one is not not not for the faint of heart.

Not the greatest sleep last night, I just couldn't get comfortable and had a bit of a stomachache (hahaha you're thinking hey dumbass, obviously your stomach aches. But the real kind of stomachache) so I was pretty tired this morning. I got up, much more quickly than even yesterday, and even with the lack of shuteye, could definitely feel I was over the hump. Yahoo!!! I did a little jig. You all know I am lying, but it sounds good.

Washed my hair, put on makeup (yes, yes I did!!) got dressed and headed out with the hub and kids. He dropped me at the surgery centre where I was greeted by the sweetest little nurse who was taking my drains out. She helped me get onto the exam table, removed my girdle and peeled all my bandaging off. For whatever unknown sick, twisted reason, I lifted my head off the bed and took a peek. WTF was I thinking. OMG. My face got hot, my skin got clammy and my legs started to shake. The drains were sticking out of my {grotesquely swollen} pubic area...this was something I was completely unaware of. If I didn't fully feel "alien" before, I sure the hell did now. I wanted to run. Of course we all know how far I would have gotten. Anyways, I calm myself and I grab a hold of the sides of the bed (mostly because I knew I would probably knock her sweet little teeth out if I didn't), closed my eyes, breathed deeply and thought nice things. Happy place, happy place. She started clipping the stitches that were holding the drains in and it was kind of a pinching feeling, nothing overly bad. Then she says "ok, I am going to pull the first drain out now" ...... people, I can't even begin to describe the sensation. Like a mutant snake wriggling it's way through your flesh and guts, reminiscent of the infamous Sigourney Weaver in Alien scene. I actually wanted to vomit, but kept myself under control throughout the removal of both drains, with deep breaths. Happy place. Ahhhhhhhh. We're done. Eyes open. What do I see? The bitch is holding up the mutant snake over my face for ME TO LOOK AT. You have GOT to be kidding me. It's white, 8-10" in length (yes, TWO of those INSIDE my body) and sort of reminds me of a garden hose. The kind with little holes throughout. And best of all, it's covered in blood. My blood. The blood that has been pooling in my guts where I have been sliced open. Fanfuckingtastic. When's lunch?

I make my way to sitting position, and she asks me if I'm OK. Um not really! Like, duh! It takes me a few minutes to compose myself, and I get up to leave. OMG. I suddenly feel like a completely different person. The discussion board post "I felt human again" doesn't even begin to describe it. I suddenly want to hug the nurse who I just wanted to hit. I am a brand new woman. I keep telling my husband how I can't believe how much better I feel with the drains out. I just can't believe it. Have I mentioned how much I can't believe it??? I have been up and about all day, which is part of the reason it took me so long to post. Taking it easy, but not dying in bed. I'm still wearing some padding over the drainage site, as it's still leaking blood and fluid (just a bit) and it's super swollen. But, all in all, I'm so much better!

__________________________________

WARNING! I'm gonna be nice and say it again...if you have a weak stomach (or just don't want to see any portion of my vajayjay) -------------- don't. scroll. down. !!!!











8 comments:

  1. So when the drains come out do you experience more swelling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your scar right above the pubic area? It looks like the PS was able to do it low.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, Amanda, I dont think there is any part of your body now that I have not seen. lol. im so glad your feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my incision, yep. Hubby took pictures of it today and I will post them later. It's nice and low and completely covered by even my low rise bikini style underwear. It sure it big and ugly looking right now though!! As for the swelling, I'm not sure if it was that swollen already or if it was aggravated by pulling the drains out. It was VERY swollen though, the picture doesn't even do it justice. It's gone down some today, but still a fair bit of swelling.

    Lisa, at least I warned ya first! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your story, do you have any before pics for us to compare too? You look wonderful, but the pain part that you describe frightens me to death! I have 6 kids, and a huge house, I am I going to manage being on my ass for 3-4 weeks without doing a thing????

    I too hear where you are coming from with the guilt of spending the money on a TT, when there is so much other stuff to spend it on....but I look at it as I carried and birthed 6 children, this is my well needed gift to myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tamara!! I have a pre-TT picture in my blog post from June 12th titled "THE Picture Part II"

    I honestly couldn't have done this without my husband's help. There is just no way. I NEEDED him there for the first 10 days, around the clock. How old are your kids? If they are old enough to be helpful and self-sufficient, you should do just fine. And remember, the housework can always wait. Or better yet, you could hire a housecleaner to come in a couple of times for the first few weeks just to keep things under control. It would be worth it in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mini tummy tucks are indicated when there is not a lot of loose skin or stretch marks and only the part of the abdomen below the navel protrudes. It can be combined with mid-section liposuction for greater results.

    Tummy Tuck in Manila

    ReplyDelete