Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sweet Mother of Gawd!

OK! I had every intention of posting a positive, upbeat, smiley, shiny update this morning....and then I SNEEZED. OMG WTF MF! Wowza!!! It hurt so bad I literally felt like vomiting immediately after and my palms are still sweating all over my laptop keyboard.

Excrutiating pain aside, I had a GREAT night. YAY!! *round of applause* Hubby and I watched a movie in bed until midnight (during which he made a few sexual innuendos, I'm sure you can all guess how well that played out for him) and then I took a morpheine and slept like a baby. I have found the perfect sleeping position where I feel almost no pain. I actually found it by accident yesterday while trying to get comfy taking a nap, and am so thankful I did. I'm all propped up on my pillows, and I slide my arms underneath my bum until my hands are under my bum (palms facing mattress) and I support my hips on my forearms, legs straight out but elevated under knees with a thick pillow. Now you think I am a weirdo (I say this as if you didn't already) but I don't care...I had a great sleep!!! The only reason I woke up so early this morning was because my stupid neighbor was outside having his morning ciggy and he hacks up a good portion of his lung along with it. It's awful, ugh. Anyways, this was around 6am, but I'm betting I would have slept straight through until the alarm at 7:45 if not for the Cancer Cough outside my window.

Not only did I sleep well, but I shaved like 5 full minutes off my getting out of bed-peeing-getting back in bed time. This is HUGE. If you're a runner like I am, imagine shaving that much time off your 10K!! Seriously!! I'm freaking stoked. I feel so good that I think I might venture downstairs for a bit this afternoon. I won't overdo it, I'll just chill on the couch but it will be so nice to see something other than the 4 walls of this bedroom. I have almost forgotten what the rest of my house even looks like.

Tomorrow I get the drains out...can't even begin to explain how much I am looking forward to that. These things are a pain in the ass. I'm going to post a pic so you can see what I am dealing with.



Someone on a discussion forum posted that they felt "human" after their drains were out and I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like an alien, T minus 26 hours to feeling human again.

5 comments:

  1. Do you take the drains out or does the PS do it? Look forward to hearing about it. Thx for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god no I don't do it, the PS does. They are in place with stitches that have to be removed and then the tubes come out...they are actually coiled up inside your body more than a FOOT in length...crazy.

    I'll post after my appt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to the post. I am glad you don't remove them yourself. So I guess I will have drainage tubes for my BA and FTT. I will really feel like an alien! Good luck today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW< I am not re-considering having both my TT and BA at eh same time. This sounds awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The surgery Tummy Tuck is also called as abdominoplasty, which is among the most common kinds of cosmetic surgical procedures that end up the problem of obesity giving a smooth taut kind of abdomen with the help of removing the extra amounts of fat and skin at the abdominal area. Tummy Tuck Philippines

    ReplyDelete