Monday, June 8, 2009

The Story

Well, where to start? I guess it's probably a good idea to give you the short n' sweet Reader's Digest version for both of our sakes.

My 2nd pregnancy resulted in an 83lb weight gain and 1,653 stretch marks (approximately) and despite losing all the weight, my poor tummy was never to be the same again. I'm quite positive there are abs under there somewhere, it's just the inch of loose, wrinkled, stretch mark covered skin that prevents me from seeing or feeling them. I look like I got in a fight with Freddy Kruger and holy crap, did I lose in a big way. I have rented out my body for 4+ years of pregnancy, only to have it returned in worse condition each time. It's really too bad we can't charge the kiddos some sort of damage deposit to help fund future plastic surgeries. Bastards.

Fast forward 12 years and 2 more babies. I am 31 years old and in the best shape of my life. I have worked VERY hard to get to where I'm at. I've gained and subsequently lost over 200lbs total with my pregnancies and have been at a stable weight for the past 2 years. I eat clean, run and/or workout 5-6 days a week and take care of myself in every way possible. No amount of exercise can help me in the tummy. I'll talk more about it later in the week, possibly even post pictures but let's have a few get-to-know-you days before I make you want to gag, ok? Ok.

We are done having babies, in fact my husband is getting the old snipperoo in July. I desperately (desssssssperately!!!) want to go back to work full time in September now that my kids are a bit older. A 6 year hiatus from the "real world" and a paycheque (huh? what's that?) have been all too much for me. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but for the love of God, I need some brain stimulation. Spending the days wiping noses and asses is just not my thing. Works for some, just not me. I'm done. So, let's face it, if I am serious about going back to work in just a few months...this tummy tuck thing needs to be dealt with or it will simply never happen. Picture this:

Job Interview
Employer: When can you start?
Me: Anytime. But, I'm going to need 3-4 weeks off next year for plastic surgery
Employer: Absolutely, you're hired

Yeah right.

So, here we are. It's now or never and never isn't an option for me. My surgery is this Friday.

I'm. Freaking. Out.

2 comments:

  1. Its going to be so great Amanda. I am here for you and your tummy!! I cant wait to see your updates and am thankful that you are first!!! I will be in your boat after this LAST LAST LAST time renting my body out. 7 more months to go!!!

    xoxoxoxox
    You are HOT NOT NOT no matter what.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete