Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gun, anyone?

I think last night was the worst yet. I must have woken up 100 times because of the pain. Oh and yes I did take a morpheine before bed too. It's a different kind of pain, I'm not even sure how to describe it. Like a million giant-sized needles poking from the inside out and then squeezing my guts together like a vice grip. Sounds fun, no? I'm not going to lie, for the first time throughout this I actually wished I could rewind the clock and chicken out before hitting the OR. I would be sleeping away in my bed, on my tummy, cuddled up to my man, drooling on my pillow and NOT because of morpheine. Covered in stretch marks mind you, but sleeping in ignorant bliss nonetheless.

The first thing I did this morning was look at last night's pictures again, as a reminder of WHY I did this. I really think that's what will get me through the next few days/weeks. I mean I think it's safe to assume I will be pleased with the end result, hell I am already happy with how it looks and I still have a long ways to go.

I am now comfortably numbed by my new BFF the frozen peas, and awaiting breakfast in bed served by my hunky man nurse. I have to give him another shout out, he has been absolutely amazing, tending to my every need around the clock.

On another good note, I only emptied out 20cc's from my drains this morning so it looks like my scheduled appointment to have them out Friday will be a go. I keep clinging to some form of hope that things will be a bit better with them out, hopefully it won't be a giant let-down.

Thanks for reading =)

3 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    I'm scheduled for a breast reduction and tummy tuck on July 30th. Reading about your experience has been very helpful...and entertaining! I love how honest your are about the whole thing!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Theresa
    Belmont, MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa! I'm glad that you enjoy reading, I enjoy posting and hope it helps someone about to go through this experience in knowing what to expect.

    Best of luck with your upcoming procedure. Are you doing muscle repair with your TT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Already bookmarked your page. Tummy tucks are becoming increasingly more widespread, though they are not typically covered by insurance. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons reports that the number of tummy tuck procedures has increased 104 percent since the year 2000. But is it actually beneficial?

    tummy tuck before and after video gallery

    ReplyDelete